HAPPY SAINT PATRICK’S DAY!
**Next Meeting Sunday April 6 at 2:30 at the Irish American Home Society in Glastonbury**
Chairperson: Fred Berckmann,
860-521-0757 Vice Chairperson: Jill Morrison, 860-561-3905
Secretary: Mike Purcell, 45 Milford St. Springfield, MA 01107, 413-732-6069, Public Relations: Marion O’Donnell, 860-645-8404,
Please forward all newsletter items to Marion at PO Box 8207, Manchester CT 06040 Treasurer: Bill Mayer, 203-238-1676
Past Chairperson: Joan Kennedy Treorai na Gaeilge: Joan Kennedy
Auditor: Doris Purcell Delegates: Mary Burke and Stephen Mahoney
Spiritual Advisor: Deacon John O’Donovan
Comhaltas Ceoltoiri Eireann North American Provincial Convention April 24-27, 2003
Held at the Hilton Hotel, Boston Logan Airport. For reservations call (617) 568-6700 and ask for CCE special room rate $112 good for April 21-29.
CO-chairpersons: Larry Reynolds (781) 899-0911 and Barbara Davis (781) 293-7283
Dues for 2003 are to be sent to the new secretary. $17 per individual, $25 for couples $35 for families. Please make the check out to CCE. Thanks. Please notify the secretary if you need a membership card.
If you prefer an electronic copy of the newsletter, please email email@example.com with your email address. Thanks!l
Saturday 03/15/03 – Hartford ~ Sunday 03/16/03 – New Haven ~ Saturday 03/22/03 – Meriden
Sunday 03/23/03 – Holyoke and Danbury
Irish-American Community Center, Venice Place, East
à Galway Society Night: Saturday 03/01 with the Andy Healy Band 8-12pm. Contact Kathleen O’Donovan 203-281-3563
à Corned Beef and Cabbage Dinner: Saturday 03/15 5 – 9pm.
à CEILI: Saturday 03/22 8-12pm and 04/19 8-12pm. Contact Bill Connolly 203-469-4837
à Please check www.iacc-ct.com for other events
Irish American Home Society, 132 Commerce St., Glastonbury,
à Parade Mass: Friday 03/14 7pm at St. Peter’s Church, Main St. Hartford.
à CEILI: Sunday 04/13 4-8 PM Pete Kelly Ceili Band. Contact John Droney (860) 521-2696
à Please call 860-633-9691 or check www.irishamericanhome.com for events
Gaelic American Club, 74 Beach Road, Fairfield, CT
à Please call 203-393-0377 for events
Ancient Order of Hibernians, John T. Downey Division, 39 South St. New Britain, CT
à Please call 860-832-8023 for events
John Boyle O’Reilly Club, 33 Progress Avenue, Springfield, MA
Patrick’s Mass: Monday 3/17 9am at St. Michael’s Cathedral, State St.,
Springfield, followed by the raising of the Irish Flag at City Hall.
à Please check www.jbo-club.com or call 413-788-8603 for events
Ancient Order of Hibernians, Danbury, MA www.danbury/org/aoh
à St. Patrick’s Mass: Monday 3/17 9am at St. Peter’s Church, Danbury, followed by the raising of the Irish Flag at City Hall.
Coventry High School, Coventry CT - Concert: Saturday 03/01 7pm featuring P.V. O’Donnell and Friends. Call 860-465-3531 for tickets.
University of Hartford, Hartford CT - Concert: Saturday 03/01 featuring DORSA sponsored by WWUH. Call 860-867-5913.
Danbury CT Concert: Sunday 03/09. ALTAN Call 203-256-8453.
St Clement’s Castle, Portland CT - Concert and Dinner: Thursday 03/13 6pm featuring P.V. O’Donnell and Friends. Call 860-342-0593 for tickets.
Jonathan Law High School, Milford, CT - The John Whelan Band: Friday 03/14 8pm with special guests Halali. Contact 203-301-0142 or www.johnwhelan.com for more information about upcoming tour dates.
The Quick Center, Fairfield, CT - The John Whelan Band: Saturday 03/15. Contact 203-301-0142 or www.johnwhelan.com
The Bushnell, Hartford CT - St. Patrick’s Irish Variety Show Spectacular: Sunday 03/16 7pm featuring P.V. O’Donnell with Carl Hession, plus Darren Holden and Joe Derrane. Proceeds will benefit the Connecticut Children’s Medical Center, 860-987-5900 for tickets.
· 1st and
3rd Sunday of the month with Eddie Burke and Tom Walsh at the
Irish American Home Society, Glastonbury 4 – 6pm. Slow Jam starts at 3pm
on the 3rd Sunday and speeds up 4pm – 6pm.
· 2nd and 4th Sunday of the month with Eddie Burke and Tom Walsh at The New Britain AOH. 3 – 6pm.
· Every Sunday at the Playwright, 1232 Whitney Ave., Hamden. 3pm – 5pm. (203-287-2401)
· Every Tuesday at the Playwright, 1232 Whitney Ave., Hamden. 8pm – 10pm. (203-287-2401)
· 3rd Thursday of the month at St. Gabrial’s Church in Milford with John Whelan. 7pm (203-876-9973)
· Last Sunday of the month at The Irish American Community Center, East Haven. 6pm (Pat Hosey 203-248-1538 or Joan Kennedy 203-393-0377)
· 3rd Friday of every month at the Meriden AOH 7-10:30pm. Terry Sullivan 860-584-8776
· Every Wednesday with PV O’Donnell sponsored by City Steam Brewery, Hartford. 7:30pm – 10pm.
three Wednesdays of the month with John Droney at the Irish American Home
Society, Glastonbury. 7pm (860-521-2696)
· Every Thursday with Pat and Joan Kennedy at the Gaelic American Club, Beach Road, Fairfield. 8pm (203-888-4041)
· Every Friday with Patti Thomas at the Irish American Community Center, New Haven. 9:15pm (203-933-3673)
· Every Friday with Ginni McCauley at the AOH, 161 Main St., Danbury. 7:30pm (203-748-0055)
Monday, Irish Language Lessons with John Feeney, at The AOH, 161 Main St.,
Danbury (203-748-7701 or 203-748-6563)
· Every Wednesday, Irish Language Lessons with David Manning at the Irish American Community Center, East Haven. 8 pm (203-888-4041)
· Every Thursday, Irish Language Lessons at the Gaelic American Club, Fairfield. 7pm (203-933-3673)
· Every Thursday, Irish Singing Group “The Curlews” with Bill Connolly at The Irish American Community Center, East Haven. 7pm (203-469-4837)
Monday at the Irish American Home Society, Glastonbury. (860-633-9691)
· Every Friday at the Irish American Community Center, East Haven. 7pm Pat (203-481-4033) or Fred (203-288-2948)
Tuesday on WNHU 88.7FM from 6 – 8pm and every 4th Sunday on
the Folk Show
· Every Tuesday on WWUH 91.3FM from 6 – 9AM
Spirit, 544 Buckland Rd., South Windsor, CT, 06074, 860-648-0014
· Maggie Dailey’s, Canton Commons, RT 44, Canton, CT, 860-693-4577
· O’Reilly’s Irish Gifts, 248 Main St (RT 10S), Farmington, CT, 860-677-6958
Seery Branch of CCE
C/O Mike Purcell
45 Milford St.
Springfield, MA 01107