Irelands premier cultural movement since
1951 with 400 branches around the world
Comhaltas Ceoltóirí Éireann
Promoting the music, song, dance, and language
Happy New Year to all!
Our newly elected Executive Board has been busy organizing a fundraiser
for the branch. Curry-Seery has a small budget and we are seeking innovative
ideas. We are looking to you, the members, on how to create and use that
wealth. As you know, your association with Comhaltas is more that a magazine
and membership card. Therefore, your involvement and support will only
help us improve on what we are today, and grow beyond tomorrow's expectations.
Fred Berckmann, Chairperson
Remember to teach your children your heritage;
otherwise, someone else may teach them theirs.
OUR BRANCH SECRETARY CONTINUES THE MEMBERSHIP
Please check your address label on your current newsletter.
If you do not currently have a '02' to the right of your name, this will
be the last newsletter mailed to you. We are in the process of "tightening"
our belts and find postage an expense we can control.
- A concert is being planned to benefit the Curry-Seery Branch. PV O'Donnell
and friends will be donating their time and talents on Sunday, January
27, 2002 from 3-5pm. The benefit will be held upstairs at the Irish
American Home Society, 132 Commerce St, Glastonbury, CT. For tickets,
please contact an executive board member. Donation $10, kids under 12
are free and refreshments will be served. Please contact the chairman
to help with advance ticket sales.
- Please join us for a general meeting on Sunday, January 20th at 3pm.
We will be meeting at the Irish American Home Society, 132 Commerce
St, Glastonbury. Bring your ideas on what you want your branch to accomplish.
In addition, we are in need of volunteers for the fundraiser. Categories
include ticket selling, room set up, refreshments, raffle, and after
concert help. If you are unable to attend, please contact the secretary
with your contributions.
- North American Provincial 2002 Convention April 4-7, 2002 in St.
Louis, M0. Watch for details in your Treior Magazine or check the St.
Louis Irish Arts web site at http://www.slia.org
- 1st and 3rd Sunday of the month with Eddie Burke and Tom Walsh sponsored
by the Irish American Home Society, Glastonbury. Slow Jam starts at
3pm and speeds up 4pm - 6pm.
- 2nd and 4th Sunday of the month with Eddie Burke and Tom Walsh sponsored
New Britain AOH. 4pm - 6pm.
- Every Sunday sponsored by the Playwright, Whitney Ave, Hamden. 4pm
- Last Sunday of the month sponsored by the Irish American Community
Center, East Haven. 6pm (Pat Hosey 203-248-1538 or Joan Kennedy 203-393-0377)
- Every Wednesday with PV O'Donnell sponsored by City Steam Brewery,
Hartford. 7:30pm - 10pm.
- First three Wednesdays of the month with John Droney sponsored by
Irish American Home Society, Glastonbury. 7pm (860-521-2696)
- Every Thursday with Pat and Joan Kennedy sponsored by the Gaelic American
Club, Beach Road, Fairfield. 8pm (203-888-4041)
- Every Friday with Patti Thomas sponsored by the Irish American Community
Center, New Haven. 9:15pm (203-393-0377)
- Every Friday with Brian Reynolds sponsored by AOH, Danbury. 7:30pm
- Every Wednesday, Irish Language Lessons with David Manning sponsored
by the Irish American Community Center, East Haven. 8 pm (203-888-4041)
- Every Thursday, Irish Language Lessons sponsored by the Gaelic American
Club, Fairfield. 7pm (203-933-3673)
- Every Thursday, Irish Singing Group "The Curlews" with Bill
Connolly sponsored by the Irish American Community Center, East Haven.
- Every Friday sponsored by the Irish American Community Center, East
Haven. 7pm Pat (203-481-4033) or Fred (203-288-2948)
- If you have an event, class, or article you would like to submit to
our newsletter, or if something currently in the newsletter is inaccurate,
please notify the secretary, Liz Farley at email@example.com.