Happy New Year to All!
On November 17, 2002 the Curry Seery branch of Comhaltas Ceoltoiri Eireann held its annual meeting and election of officers. Thank you to all whom participated in this motivating exchange +of information. After discussing past 2002 activities, business, and sympathies, the elections were held. Fred Berckmann remained chairperson and our new vice chair is Jill Morrison. The new secretary is Mike Purcell and Bill Mayer stayed on as Treasurer. Marion O’Donnell is our new P.R.O. and Doris Purcell is our new auditor. Our newly elected delegates are Mary Burke and Stephen Mahoney. Please welcome our new board members and don’t hesitate to share your ideas with them. In addition, the position of Treorai na Gaeilge position is still open and will be voted on at the next meeting 3 PM, Sunday February 16 at the Irish American Home Society in Glastonbury. Please have your nominations ready at that time.
Chairperson: Fred Berckmann,
860-521-0757 Vice Chairperson: Jill Morrison, 860-561-3905
Secretary: Mike Purcell, 45 Milford St. Springfield, MA 01107, 413-732-6069, Public Relations: Marion O’Donnell, 860-645-8404, Treasurer: Bill Mayer, 203-238-1676
Past Chairperson: Joan Kennedy Treorai na Gaeilge: Joan Kennedy
Auditor: Doris Purcell Delegates: Mary Burke and Stephen Mahoney
Spiritual Advisor: Deacon John O’Donovan
“See yourself in Boston, Massachusetts April 24-27, 2003”
Comhaltas Ceoltoiri Eireann North American Provincial Convention
Held at the Hilton Hotel, Boston Logan Airport. For reservations call (617) 568-6700 and ask for CCE special room rate $112 good for April 21-29.
PROGRAM – Partial List
24 * Ceili w/ Boston Comhaltas Ceili Band & Guests
Friday, April 25 * Ceili w/ Matt Cunningham Band
Saturday, April 26 * Ceili w/ Matt Cunningham Band
Sunday, April 27 * Ceili w/ Boston Comhaltas Ceili Band & Guests
Daily Dance Workshops w/ Donncha O Muineachain and Sally Harney
Several Music Workshops for Beginners, Intermediates, and Advanced w/ Qualified Instructors
Seisiuns and craic round the clock ~ plus much more!
CO-chairpersons: Larry Reynolds (781) 899-0911 and Barbara Davis (781) 293-7283
firstname.lastname@example.org ~ www.comhaltasboston.org
Dues for 2003 are to be sent to the new secretary. $17 per individual, $25 for couples $35 for families. Please make the check out to CCE. If there is an ‘03’ next to your name on the mailing label, you are all set for 2003. Thanks.
Irish-American Community Center, Venice Place, East
à CEILI: Saturday 02/22/03 8-12pm. Contact Bill Connolly 203-469-4837
à Please check www.iacc-ct.com for other events
Irish American Home Society, 132 Commerce St., Glastonbury,
à CEILI: Sunday 04/13/03 4-8 PM Pete Kelly Ceili Band. Contact John Droney (860) 521-2696
à Please call 860-633-9691 or check www.irishamericanhome.com for events
Gaelic American Club, 74 Beach Road, Fairfield, CT
à Please call 203-393-0377 for events
Ancient Order of Hibernians, John T. Downey Division,
39 South St. New Britain, CT
à Please call 860-832-8023 for events
John Boyle O’Reilly Club, 33 Progress Avenue, Springfield,
à Please check www.jbo-club.com or call 413-788-8603 for events
Maple Café, 938 Maple Avenue, Hartford CT
à Testimonial: Sunday 2/02/03 2PM for Mary Phil Guinan who suffered a house fire in December. Please join musicians and others at 2pm.
The Bushnell, Hartford CT
à Fundraiser: Sunday 03/16/03 7PM for the Connecticut Children’s Medical Center
Our prayers and sympathies go out to the Mike and Ann Martin on the passing of their son Kevin and to the Kelly family on the passing of Patrick Kelly, a past Curry Seery member.
· 1st and
3rd Sunday of the month with Eddie Burke and Tom Walsh at the
Irish American Home Society, Glastonbury. Slow Jam starts at 3pm and speeds
up 4pm – 6pm.
· 2nd and 4th Sunday of the month with Eddie Burke and Tom Walsh at The New Britain AOH. 4 – 6pm.
· Every Sunday at the Playwright, 1232 Whitney Ave., Hamden. 3pm – 5pm. (203-287-2401)
· Every Tuesday at the Playwright, 1232 Whitney Ave., Hamden. 8pm – 10pm. (203-287-2401)
· Last Sunday of the month at The Irish American Community Center, East Haven. 6pm (Pat Hosey 203-248-1538 or Joan Kennedy 203-393-0377)
· Every Wednesday with PV O’Donnell sponsored by City Steam Brewery, Hartford. 7:30pm – 10pm.
three Wednesdays of the month with John Droney at the Irish American Home
Society, Glastonbury. 7pm (860-521-2696)
· Every Thursday with Pat and Joan Kennedy at the Gaelic American Club, Beach Road, Fairfield. 8pm (203-888-4041)
· Every Friday with Patti Thomas at the Irish American Community Center, New Haven. 9:15pm (203-933-3673)
· Every Friday with Ginni McCauley at the AOH, 161 Main St., Danbury. 7:30pm (203-748-0055)
Monday, Irish Language Lessons with John Feeney, at The AOH, 161 Main St.,
Danbury (203-748-7701 or 203-748-6563)
· Every Wednesday, Irish Language Lessons with David Manning at the Irish American Community Center, East Haven. 8 pm (203-888-4041)
· Every Thursday, Irish Language Lessons at the Gaelic American Club, Fairfield. 7pm (203-933-3673)
· Every Thursday, Irish Singing Group “The Curlews” with Bill Connolly at The Irish American Community Center, East Haven. 7pm (203-469-4837)
Monday at the Irish American Home Society, Glastonbury. (860-633-9691)
· Every Friday at the Irish American Community Center, East Haven. 7pm Pat (203-481-4033) or Fred (203-288-2948)
Tuesday on WNHU 88.7FM from 6 – 8pm and every 4th Sunday on
the Folk Show
· Every Tuesday on WWUH 91.3FM from 6 – 8AM
Please forward all future newsletter items to Marion O’Donnell, PO Box 8207, Manchester CT 06040, (860) 645-8404, Thanks