Next MeetingTentative, Tuesday June 10th at 7pm at the Irish American Home Society in Glastonbury
Please call for possible change of venue and date
Chairperson: Fred Berckmann,
860-521-0757 Vice Chairperson:
Jill Morrison, 860-561-3905
Secretary: Mike Purcell, 45 Milford St. Springfield, MA 01107, 413-732-6069, firstname.lastname@example.org
Public Relations: Marion O’Donnell, 860-645-8404,. Please forward all newsletter items to Marion at PO Box 8207, Manchester CT 06040 or email@example.com
Treasurer: Bill Mayer, 203-238-1676
Past Chairperson: Joan Kennedy Treorai na Gaeilge: Joan Kennedy
Auditor: Doris Purcell Delegates: Mary Burke and Stephen Mahoney
Spiritual Advisor: Deacon John O’Donovan
Comhaltas Ceoltoiri Eireann North American Provincial Convention April 24-27, 2003 was a huge success. It was an experience to have been there. We met people from all over North America and Ireland. Members of our executive board will share their views at the June 10th meeting.
Maith thú Boston, Go raimh maith agat!
“Well done Boston, Thanks!”
Come join the fun next April in New Jersey!
Dues for 2003 are to be sent to the new secretary. $17 per individual, $25 for couples $35 for families. Please make the check out to CCE. Thanks. Please encourage new members to join CCE and celebrate Curry-Seery Branch 30th anniversary in 2004
If you prefer an electronic copy of the newsletter, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your email address. Thanks!l
ALL IRELAND FLEADH CHEOIL: Friday, August 22 – Sunday, August 24 in Clonmell, County Tipperary.
REGIONAL ACTIVITIES -
Irish American Home Society, 132 Commerce St., Glastonbury, CT
July 25 – Sunday, July 27
Please call 860-633-9691 or check www.irishamericanhome.com for events
Irish-American Community Center, Venice Place, East Haven,
à FESTIVAL: Saturday June, 21 – Sunday, June22. Contact John O’Donovan 203-281-3563.
à CCE session Saturday 3 to 5pm
à Please check www.iacc-ct.com for other events
Gaelic American Club, 74 Beach Road,
Fairfield, CT 203-393-0377
à FESTIVAL: Friday, June 13 – Sunday, June 15. Call 203-333-4736 or 203-576-1420.
Ancient Order of Hibernians, John T.
Downey Division, 39 South St. New Britain, CT
à Please call 860-832-8023 for events
Sons of Erin, 22 Williams St., Westfield, MA
Festival: Sunday August 31, 12pm to 7pm info (413) 562 5927
Ancient Order of Hibernians, Danbury, CT www.danbury/org/aoh
Newport Irish Festival: Saturday, August
30 – Monday, September 1
à For more information call 401-846-1600 x214.
· 1st and 3rd Sunday of the month
with Eddie Burke and Tom Walsh at the Irish American Home Society, Glastonbury.
Slow Jam starts at 3pm every 3rd Sunday and speeds up 4pm – 6pm.
· 2nd and 4th Sunday of the month with Eddie Burke and Tom Walsh at The New Britain AOH. 4 – 6pm.
· Every Sunday at the Playwright, 1232 Whitney Ave., Hamden. 3pm – 5pm. (203-287-2401)
· Every Monday, Anna Liffey’s, 17 Whitney Ave, New Haven. 8.30 – 11pm (203) 773 1776
· Every Tuesday at the Playwright, 1232 Whitney Ave., Hamden. 8pm – 10pm. (203-287-2401)
· 3rd Thursday of the month at St. Gabrial’s Church in Milford with John Whelan. 7pm (203-876-9973)
· Last Sunday of the month at The Irish American Community Center, East Haven. 6pm (Pat Hosey 203-248-1538 or Joan Kennedy 203-393-0377)
· 3rd Friday of every month at the Meriden AOH 7-10:30pm 860-584-8776
· Every Wednesday with PV O’Donnell sponsored by City Steam Brewery, Hartford. 7:30pm – 10pm. (860) 645 8404
· First three Wednesdays of the month with John Droney
at the Irish American Home Society, Glastonbury. 7pm (860-521-2696) No
classes in July.
· Every Thursday with Pat and Joan Kennedy at the Gaelic American Club, Beach Road, Fairfield. 8pm (203-888-4041)
· Every Friday with Patti Thomas at the Irish American Community Center, New Haven. 9:15pm (203-933-3673)
· Every Friday with Ginni McCauley at the AOH, 161 Main St., Danbury. 7:30pm (203-748-0055)
· Every Monday, Irish Language Lessons with John Feeney,
at The AOH, 161 Main St., Danbury (203-748-7701 or 203-748-6563)
· Every Wednesday, Irish Language Lessons with David Manning at the Irish American Community Center, East Haven. 8 pm (203-888-4041)
· Every Thursday, Irish Language Lessons at the Gaelic American Club, Fairfield. 7pm (203-933-3673)
· Every Thursday, Irish Singing Group “The Curlews” with Bill Connolly at The Irish American Community Center, East Haven. 7pm (203-469-4837)
· Every Monday at the Irish American Home Society, Glastonbury.
· Every Friday at the Irish American Community Center, East Haven. 7pm Pat (203-481-4033) or Fred (203-288-2948)
· Every Monday, John Boyle O’Reilly Bagpipe and Drum Lessons Jim Martin (413) 733 2709
www.comhaltas.com www.blarneystone.com/comhaltas www.thesession.org
www.irishmusic.com www.ceolas.org www.pvodonnell.com
Every Sunday on WQUN 1220 AM 9 – 11AM
· Every Tuesday on WNHU 88.7FM from 6 – 8pm and every 4th Sunday on the Folk Show
· Every Tuesday on WWUH 91.3FM from 6 – 9AM
· Every Saturday on www.downtown.co.uk and navigate through the schedules to find Country Ceili from 1pm – 3pm EST for a new listening adventure in Irish Music.
· Celtic Spirit, 544 Buckland Rd., South Windsor, CT,
· Maggie Dailey’s, Canton Commons, RT 44, Canton, CT, 860-693-4577
· O’Reilly’s Irish Gifts, 248 Main St (RT 10S), Farmington, CT, 860-677-6958
* Mary Burke would like to thank all who attended Mary Phil Guinan’s testimonial at Maple Cafe
*Thanks to Bobby Gardner, for coming to City Steam last Wednesday night and playing some fine tunes on the accordion.
Curry Seery Branch of CCE
C/O Mike Purcell
45 Milford St.
Springfield, MA 01107