Chairperson: Fred Berckmann, 860-521-0757 Vice Chairperson: Jeff Hutchinson, 203-949-8058
Secretary: Liz Farley, 51 Dimock Rd, Coventry CT 06238, 860-742-9165, email@example.com
Public Relations: Jim Smith, firstname.lastname@example.org Treasurer: Bill Mayer, 203-265-5581
Past Chairperson: Joan Kennedy Treorai na Gaeilge: Pat Kennedy
Auditors: Pam Lang & Bill Connolly Delegates: Rosemary Raymond & Cindy Smith
Spiritual Advisor: Deacon John O’Donovan
Important Dates to Remember:
Ø Tuesday, September 10: Please have your Hall of Fame nominations into Chairman Fred Berckmann. Each member may submit the names of two members, living or deceased. A statement of the reason one thinks the person should be honored must be included. The Board of Directors will select two names. Fred’s address is 8 Huckleberry Lane, West Hartford, CT 06451.
Ø Sunday, September 29, 4pm: The Testa’s Certificates of Appreciation for Mike Meehan and Joan Kennedy will be presented by Ted McGraw, Comhaltas Northeast Region Chairman, at the Irish American Community Center, Venice Place, East Haven, CT. A Gala session is planned. Please bring, if at all possible, your favorite casserole or dessert. Musicians bring your instruments; Dancers bring your shoes.
Ø Sunday, October 20, 4pm: The General Meeting and Election of Officers will take place at the Irish American Community Center, Venice Place, East Haven, CT.
Ø Thursday, October 31, midnight: Curry Seery CCE membership dues are due November 1st. Individual membership $17, Second Adult $8, Couples $25, Junior Membership (under 18 years) $4, Family Membership (with all children) $35. Make check payable to CCE and mail to the secretary.
Ø Saturday, November 9: Annual Northeast Region meeting and Hall of Fame Induction Ceremonies in Albany, NY.
Ø Sunday, November 24, 2-10pm: Benefit for Margie O’Driscoll in Yonkers. Margie took care of Treoir distribution in North America before her serious stroke last October. For information, contact email@example.com.
Ø Thursday, April 24, 2003 – Sunday, April 27, 2003: Comhaltas Convention in Boston. Please call the Hilton Hotel at Logan Airport direct at 617-568-6700 or 1-800-HILTONS. Ask for the CCE special rate! CO-chairpersons: Larry Reynolds 781-899-0911 and Barbara Davis 781-293-7283. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Website: www.comhaltasboston.org
REGIONAL UPCOMING EVENTS
Irish-American Community Center, Venice Place, East Haven, CT
à CEILI: Saturday 9/14/02 8-12pm. Contact Bill Connolly 203-469-4837
à CEILI: Saturday 10/19/02 8-12pm. Contact Bill Connolly 203-469-4837
à Please check www.iacc-ct.com for other events
Irish American Home Society, 132 Commerce St., Glastonbury, CT
à Please call 860-633-9691 or check www.irishamericanhome.com for events
Gaelic American Club, 74 Beach Road, Fairfield, CT
à Please call 203-393-0377 for events
Ancient Order of Hibernians, John T. Downey Division, 39 South St. New Britain, CT
à Please call 860-832-8023 for events
John Boyle O’Reilly Club, 33 Progress Avenue, Springfield, MA
à Please check www.jbo-club.com or call 413-788-8603 for events
Danbury AOH Irish Festival
à Ives Center at Western CT State University 9/20 –9/22
“PIPES IN THE VALLEY” East Hartford Elks Pavilion, 148 Roberts St., East Hartford,
à Live Music and Bagpipe Band Competition: 9/20/02 3-11pm and 9/21/02 11-11pm. Call 1-800-272-5945 for $10 advance tickets or $12 at the gate. www.oldeburnsidebrewing.com
ECHOES OF ERIN Concert, Waltham High School Auditorium, 617 Lexington St., Waltham, MA.
à Sunday, October 20, 3pm. 19 talented musicians from Ireland. For tickets call Larry Reynolds (781) 899-0911 or Barbara Davis (781) 293-7283.
Our prayers and sympathies go out to the Droney Families on the death of their brother Joseph.
· 1st and 3rd Sunday of the month with Eddie Burke and Tom Walsh at the Irish American Home Society, Glastonbury. Slow Jam starts at 3pm and speeds up 4pm – 6pm.
· 2nd and 4th Sunday of the month with Eddie Burke and Tom Walsh at The New Britain AOH. 4 – 6pm.
· Every Sunday at the Playwright, 1232 Whitney Ave., Hamden. 3pm – 5pm. (203-287-2401)
· Every Tuesday at the Playwright, 1232 Whitney Ave., Hamden. 8pm – 10pm. (203-287-2401)
· Last Sunday of the month at The Irish American Community Center, East Haven. 6pm (Pat Hosey 203-248-1538 or Joan Kennedy 203-393-0377)
· Every Wednesday with PV O’Donnell sponsored by City Steam Brewery, Hartford. 7:30pm – 10pm.
· First three Wednesdays of the month with John Droney at the Irish American Home Society, Glastonbury. 7pm (860-521-2696)
· Every Thursday with Pat and Joan Kennedy at the Gaelic American Club, Beach Road, Fairfield. 8pm (203-888-4041)
· Every Friday with Patti Thomas at the Irish American Community Center, New Haven. 9:15pm (203-933-3673)
· Every Friday with Ginni McCauley at the AOH, 161 Main St., Danbury. 7:30pm (203-748-0055)
· Every Monday, Irish Language Lessons with John Feeney, at The AOH, 161 Main St., Danbury (203-748-7701 or 203-748-6563)
· Every Wednesday, Irish Language Lessons with David Manning at the Irish American Community Center, East Haven. 8 pm (203-888-4041)
· Every Thursday, Irish Language Lessons at the Gaelic American Club, Fairfield. 7pm (203-933-3673)
· Every Thursday, Irish Singing Group “The Curlews” with Bill Connolly at The Irish American Community Center, East Haven. 7pm (203-469-4837)
· Every Monday at the Irish American Home Society, Glastonbury. (860-633-9691)
· Every Friday at the Irish American Community Center, East Haven. 7pm Pat (203-481-4033) or Fred (203-288-2948)
· Every Tuesday on WNHU 88.7FM from 6 – 8pm and every 4th Sunday on the Folk Show
If you are traveling in the Fairfax/Washington DC area, please check in with the O'Neill/Malcom (Northern Virginia) CCE branch. What a pleasure it was to meet some of their members at a “Ceili in the Park” lead by Hugh Conway (email@example.com). Hugh brought in his own dance floor to combat the cement and we danced all afternoon! Thanks again, Liz Farley